Monday, March 22, 2010

Citizens Task Force

Per Don McChesney the "Citizen's Task Force" operates in an advisory capacity. The Board of Education as the final say in any school closings. He is asking everyone to remain calm noting that there is no reason to be worried at this time. Easier said than done I realize but the between the lines message is that the school will be protected for at least another year.

As information the task force members working with Don are Don Broussard and Faye Andriesen. Has anyone heard of these people? Do we know anything about them??

4 comments:

  1. I've met Faye somehow somewhere. Could she perhaps be involved in the Emory LaVista Parent Council?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't make a bit of sense to close Briar Vista. Every school which borders ours is currently above capacity. I think the Citizen's Task Force simply included every school which is under capacity in an effort to make the schools on the SHORT list feel like they are doing the job properly...my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm watching the news right now--Briar Vista is on the short list for school closures. I don't feel warm and fuzzy about this. Can we get folks organized to mobilize in protest? Surely we can!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same, Lynda. Where are they going to send these children if they close BV - Sagamore, Fermbank, Oak Grove, Montclair, Woodruff, Hawthorne? All over capacity now. It doesn't make sense to me. Medlock and Laurel Ridge under capacity, but these are the only schools I could see cloes by with capacity. Any new info from anybody?

    ReplyDelete